MARRIOTT- WORLDWIDE BUSINESS COUNCIL FRANCE
- Les catégories
- Worldwide Hospitality Awards
- MEILLEURE INITIATIVE EN DEVELOPPEMENT DURABLE ET RESPONSABILITE SOCIALE
- MARRIOTT- WORLDWIDE BUSINESS COUNCIL FRANCE
Ce dossier n'est disponible qu'en anglais.
MARRIOTT- WORLDWIDE BUSINESS COUNCIL FRANCE
Marriott Worldwide Business Council France is a co-operation of 30 Managed and Franchised Hotels in France which volunteer together in committees to strengthen the Marriott ‘take care’ culture.
The Business Council is divided in committees working on the following pillars:
- SPIRIT TO SERVE serving the local Community
- GREEN serving the Environment
- TALENT creating youth Employment
- JUNIOR serving our future Generation
- MARKET Government Affairs, Business Ethics, Procurement
- TAKE CARE Promoting a healthy body and mind
The Marriott Worldwide Business Council France is Marriott’s Corporate Social Responsibility program in France.
The Business Council was created in 1998 at the Marriott Paris Champs Elysees and has grown from 2 to 30 hotels, co-operating on Social Corporate Responsibility.
The Business council is chaired by a General Manager promoting the Marriott ‘take care’ culture and values in the community.
There are 5 sub-committee’s which are also chaired by General Managers and each committee meets at least once every two months, to discuss the various initiatives. Each committee has annual goals and reports out once a year to the hotels and corporate office.
Each committee champions various external partnerships in the community.
Suppliers, guests, employees, business partners, local government, charities, emergency services, schools, environmental organizations.
Description of activities
This nomination reflects the numerous actions that the Marriott Worldwide Business Council France has built and successfully maintained throughout the years. One of them even goes back to the opening of the Marriott Paris Champs Elysées in 1998. We want to thank the associates and General Managers for their active involvement by nominating them for this Award. The associates truly live and breathe the Core Values and volunteer their time to assist others.
Here are some of our best examples:
- Our Historical (since 1998) annual participation serving the Christmas meal for Restos du Coeur. It started with 1 hotel and 5 volunteers in 1998, since then we have served around 16,500 meals with 450 volunteers for the past 17 years.
- SOS Children’s Villages. Thanks to the active involvement of the French associates we raised 110K€ were collected in cash, 120K€ in-kind donations and hundreds of associates are active in organizing various actions such as bake sales, cooking classes for children, etc.
- Since 2009, the Business Council France is supporting the Kremlin Bicêtre Hospital (establishment specialized in kidney transplants for children).
- La Parisienne; since 2010 we participate in a running race which raises money to fund research for a cure against breast cancer with over a 100 associates enrolled each year.
- Annually since 2006 during associate week every hotel makes toiletry kits to offer to “Petits Frères des Pauvres” (Little Brothers – friends of the elderly), La Trinité Church, Cochin Hospital, Restos du Coeur and La Protection Civile de Paris. A total of approximately 14.000 kits have been made since we’ve started this.
- ‘Soirée des Apprentis’. The apprentice evening has been organized on a yearly basis since 2009.The French Business Council has welcomed over 3150 apprentices and trainees from schools in 24 different countries since we started in 2007.
- The French Business Council is leading the way to find a partnership with WWF around sustainable foods. A first agreement is about to get signed to offer sustainable fish in our Marriott Restaurants. The goal is to reach 20% of total fish consumption as sustainable and 50 % of aquaculture also sustainable within 2 years.
These are just some of the examples, we wanted to share with you.
Involvement and Measurement
The strength of the Business Council France lies in the involvement and engagement of our General Managers guiding our associates. Everybody has a task or mission and gives their time and energy for the company and its core values. There are over 400 volunteers per year.
There is an extensive reporting system, which measures each hotels contribution, in cash donations, in kind donations and voluntary hours contributed.
For 2015 the Business Council France raised 135K USD in cash, 303K USD in kind, and 2.160 people donated 3.463 hours of their time to good causes.
This award nomination is recognition of the hard work of our associates and General Managers who contribute their time to the many good causes we support.
About Marriott International:
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is a global leading lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,500 properties in 88 countries. Marriott International reported revenues of more than $14 billion in fiscal year 2015. The company operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts under 19 brands, including: The Ritz-Carlton®, BVlgari®, EDITION®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels®, Delta Hotels and Resorts®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Gaylord Hotels®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Courtyard®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, Fairfield Inn & Suites®, TownePlace Suites®, Protea Hotels® and Moxy Hotels®. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics.