GOLDEN TULIP - BRAND REPOSITIONING
Ce dossier n'est disponible qu'en anglais.
GOLDEN TULIP - BRAND REPOSITIONING
In this context of constant evolving market and consumer behaviors, Golden Tulip, an international hotel chain since ’62 is implementing a new brand repositioning.
During the last decade, the sector has drastically changed with the emergence of new players and a constant evolving customers’ needs, strongly inspired by the new generation named the Millennials. These clients are looking for a seamless hotel experience that allows them to balance professional and personal life, taking time out for themselves and their real and virtual communities.
In this context, Golden Tulip, presents in 50 countries with 250 hotels, and part of Louvre Hotels Group which is owned by Jin Jiang International, has to deal with two challenges:
1. to respond to market needs while differentiating itself from the competition
2. to propose a clear brand concept
In order to achieve these objectives, Golden Tulip, accompanied by Landor and Ogilvy Red agencies, part of WPP group, decides to provide a playful outlook on life, work and travel.
It is just a simple promise. Each moment at a Golden Tulip hotel is an occasion to play. As for the dosage, the guests can decide. Therefore, the brand signature is Playtime. Anytime.
In order to deliver that playful experience to its guests, the brand concept relies on three main pillars:
I. Brand identity
A new visual identity is created and combines statutory with a playful twist.
II. New basics
Make-over the basic products and services by proposing intimacy, authenticity, surprise, pleasure and fun, but always premium, elegant and refined:
1. The room: Superbly appointed so that every client feels right at home, or even better, thanks to the many amenities and innovations such as the redesigned work area.
2. The restaurant: Featuring local flavors, dishes made with regional products…
3. The lobby: A crossroads where the city meets the hotel, opening onto leisure activities and work, encounters…
4. The wellness: Always a solution to relax and recharge batteries before or after a busy day.
5. The bar: A convivial moment of encounters.
6. The seminars: A place to do co-working or networking, brainstorming or creative planning, business travelers will find all the equipment and services they need for a productive day of work. A playful spirit is another way to get work done and have fun doing it!
III. Differentiating markers
Develop symbols to sustain the brand promise:
1. The Tandem: Time for riding the city! As a decoration or for rent, the tandem is an iconic element.
2. The Amenities bar: Time for treat! Clients will be invited to choose their hygiene products as a welcome gift.
3. The Food truck: Time for snacking! On the go and at any time for a bite or a drink. The showcase reflecting the excellent know how of the brand’s Food & Beverage spirit.
4. The Digital experience: On the mobile or at the heart of the hotel, a way to share the rhythm of the city, its sporting and cultural events, the client suggestions and recommendations, the weather forecast or some tips on how to spend free time.
All the above will be strengthen with dedicated manuals, guidelines and standards to support the implementation of the new brand concept.
Moreover, to ensure the commitment for an international deployment, regions’ heads and Brand ambassadors from the different part of the world, where the brand is currently present, are consulted at any major stage of the project.
Last June, a press release and press event has been organized in Paris to announce the new strategy for Golden Tulip.
End of the year, Golden Tulip will begin to spread out its new identity to end consumers through advertising communications.
Strictly speaking, the roll-out phase will start beginning 2017 along with a brand to staff campaign to share the brand vision at all levels of the hotels’ organization. This will also come with a worldwide communication campaign.
Last but not least, the new Golden Tulip Rainbow in Shanghai will embody the brand promise and will reopen its doors in spring 2017.